Director of Marketing
Journey Payroll & HR is not a cookie cutter publicly-traded bureaucratic company where people are put into a box and expected to do the same tasks day in and day out. Actually we’re nothing like that! At Journey, each person’s impact can be felt almost immediately and new ideas can be implemented quickly. At Journey, we grow fast, we move fast, and we make decisions fast. Nothing about Journey moves slowly…especially our CEO, who our Director of Marketing will report directly to. Did we mention he likes data?
A lot of fast-growing companies can get feeling pretty corporate pretty quickly. Not true of Journey…ask the President of Success & Happiness. Does any other company have a title like that to ask this of? Though so…there’s no place like Journey! At Journey, everyone has to excel in being highly professional, highly motivated, and highly fun. That highly fun part won’t be on too many other ads. It’s the only way we do things. But we also pride ourselves on the way that everyone has a sense of ownership; that everyone takes pride in their performance and its impact on Journey’s success.
We are looking for a sharp Marketing professional who is ready to make a move. Since Journey is growing so quickly, the upside potential is huge. This could be an ideal opportunity for those who have solid marketing skills, but feel stifled or at a dead end and in their current job. At Journey, our Director of Marketing will design, implement, and monitor effective marketing strategies that help us meet our business goals. The person and the role will grow right along with Journey.
Candidates We’ll Consider Will Possess:
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related subject…but we know there are other ways of gaining that body of knowledge. With Marketing you’ve either got it or you don’t!
- At least 3 years experience in Marketing specifically in a B2B environment.
- Proven marketing experience, with examples we can see that demonstrate success in leading projects
- A track record of designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in web and social media analytics
- A lot of skills–critical thinking, problem-solving, time management, leadership, communication, and team-building.
Our Director of Marketing Will Be Responsible For:
- The development and implementation of a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness across all major platforms and all avenues
- Leading and managing our Social Media Manager, and our Design Team
- Monitoring all marketing campaigns and improving or adapting them quickly when needed
- Conducting market analysis and marketing research to identify challenges and opportunities and to provide intel to help sales efforts
- Managing our marketing budget and expenditures
- Being a part of the recruiting and onboarding process for new Journey franchise locations
- Maintaining brand standards and ensure compliance across all of Journey.
This Won't Be the Right Opportunity For Those Who:
- Lack 3 years experience in Marketing in a B2B Company
- Get flustered in a fast-growth, high-speed environment where talking fast is the norm
- Don't know how to have fun while busy
- Are boring.